Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the heating season, which would normally end on May 1, is being extended from May 2 through June 1.
Eligible NEW APPLICANTS to the program can apply for primary grants or a crisis grant during this extension period.
Households eligible for a third crisis grant will receive it.
Call 401.273.2000 and ask to speak with a Benefit Eligibility Specialist TODAY! Callers will be helped between the hours of 9-3 Monday through Friday. We are experiencing a high volume of calls and we appreciate your patience. If you are unable to get through, please wait a few minutes and try again.
Our BES can fill out your application with you over the phone, you will still need to submit copies of the required documents. You have the option of mailing them to our office:
518 Hartford Avenue Providence, RI 02909
or you can drop them off in the secure grey mailbox outside our building.
The required documents are:
- Paystubs or proof of income for all members 18 and over
- Include an Adult with No Income Form if applicable
- Most recent gas or deliverable fuel bill, along with your most recent electric bill
- Proof of residency such as rental agreement or mortgage
- Copies Social Security cards for everyone in your household
- Photo identification for adults in your household who are 18 years or older
- Birth certificates for all children who are under 18 years old born in USA
Please note that your application cannot be processed without all of these documents above.
Click here for the eligible income guidelines.